Veterans Opportunity Wellness and Healing Center - Nelson, NV
A 60 acre natural setting of desert mountains, valleys, trails, and rock formations in the El Dorado Canyon of Nevada, is the perfect location to bring your family to a place where healing in nature is optimal. The Veteran and/or family can experience peaceful walking trails, explore turn of the century mines, or just rock hound till your sacks are full. We do provide a Disabled Veteran on site to answer questions and make hiking suggestions, as well as, storytelling of the history of the site & area, and provide you with a gold pan to sample the materials from inside the mines. These retreats are only possible with the help from our generous donors.
There is no charge to the Veteran or their family.
- Please contact us to setup when you would like to visit and come closer to nature.
- You are welcome to use our facilities and they are very limited at this time, you are welcome to provide your own (tent, Camper, etc).
- Day trips are also available any time.
- This is a historical place with ties to the military members going back to the civil war. You will enjoy the stories and being and seeing where it happened.
- We welcome you anytime, we also work with individuals that require solitude.
- Site is very primitive.
- The Retreat is 35 minutes South of Las Vegas, NV in El Dorado Canyon.